Sunday 20 March 2011

Sunday Salon

The new day job suddenly cranked up a notch last week, which I was a little unprepared for, and consequently I was exhausted by the end of the week. I am sure my Thyroid is misbehaving again as I also felt a little out of sorts, which I really don't have time for.

Last week I received in the post a couple of books that I had ordered via eBay - three of the five books in the Australian series by Aaron Fletcher. Wallaby Track,Outback Legacy and Outback Station. I had also ordered Castaway by the same author and only when it arrived did I realise that it is not book 3 of the Australian series but a book in the set about New Zealand. Very frustrating! In the front it does mention that the author is an American from I think California. I don't have the book in front of me to check.

I have recently signed up for the Spring Reading Thing which started today. Click HERE for details of signing up for the event and to see what I am planning to read.

This week I have also completed a book review for the eBook Fading Scars by Paige Day. The review is to be added to my blog during the week. It was a tear jerker and incredibly moving.

Last week I ordered online three books from Waterstones. I had been given a voucher and wanted to select a few books that I would keep rather than paperbacks that I would read and potentially pass along in a year or two. One thing I noticed was that the price was not competitive when compared to Amazon and the free shipping a little on the slow side!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:35 am

    I had to giggle at the Amazon/shipping comment. Sometimes those things are a hard act to follow, for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...