Thursday 3 March 2011

Fearless Females - Day 3

March 3 — Do you share a first name with one of your female ancestors? Perhaps you were named for your great-grandmother, or your name follows a particular naming pattern. If not, then list the most unique or unusual female first name you’ve come across in your family tree.

I don't share any names with my female ancestors.

There are no particular naming links in my family. My Great Great Great Grandmother was called Prudence Budd. Prudence was born in Puttenham in 1817, she married George Ellis in 1834 and died in 1855. The name Prudence was passed down to the Grand Daughter of Caroline, my Great Grandmother Annie Prudence Harris and was then passed down again to the Great Grand Daughter of Caroline and used as a middle name in 1939. As far as I know that was the last time the name of Prudence was used in the family.

The most unusual name appears on my Grandmother's Warwickshire ancestry with a Bethsheba Drakeley born in Nuneaton in 1797, She married William Matthews in 1818 in Nuneaton and died aged 80 years in Newbold on Avon, near Rugby in 1878.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...