Sunday 6 March 2011

Fearless Females - Day 6

March 6 — Describe an heirloom you may have inherited from a female ancestor (wedding ring or other jewelry, china, clothing, etc.) If you don’t have any, then write about a specific object you remember from your mother or grandmother, or aunt (a scarf, a hat, cooking utensil, furniture, etc.)

All around the house there are items that I have inherited from my Grandparents. I talked about a few of those bits in one of the recent Family History Writing Challenge posts (day 17).

I do have my Grandmother's wedding ring, a rather bent 22 carat gold plain band. When I got married my Grandmother was still alive and a few days before the service she gave me the ring and said that I should wear it as my something old. I accepted it and did as she requested. I now have it in my jewellery box.

When I got married I did the traditional, something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue. I wish now that I had asked my Grandmother if she did the same and what did she use for each of those things.

1 comment:

  1. What a nice thing for Grandma to do for you on your wedding day. And don't we all wish we had asked our grandmothers more questions when they were still with us.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...