Monday 15 August 2011

Creative Bloggers - The Contents of a Box!


Several years ago, whilst visiting a local town called Honiton which is in East Devon and famous for antique shops, I came across a selection of market stalls. I spotted a small box and was curious.



The outside of the box reads:
From the CWS Margarine Works
and Lard Refinery Higher Irlam

I opened the box .....


.....and the contents were revealed



A lovely set of three teaspoons, produced for the CWS in commemoration for the Jubilee of Queen Victoria in 1887. These sets were given to the employees of the margarine and lard works.

Submitted as part of the Creative Bloggers blog hop hosted by Homemaker on a Dime

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful find! Real treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That treasure would have made me squeal with delight! How exciting and special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delight box and surprise, delightfully written.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by. I remember asking the chap how much they were, he said £12 which was at the time a good price and he obviously had no idea just what they were. I parted with the £12 quickly and said to him that I could never have too many teaspoons! I was delighted with my find!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...