Saturday 20 August 2011

Weekend Cooking - Recipics


Welcome to the latest Weekend Cooking post. I had in my mind, my posting for this week all composed and structured, then, whilst in bed this morning with my early morning cup of tea I nipped onto the Apple Apps store to see what new ones had been released. I spotted Recipics, which is described as a "21st Century Recipe Scrapbook", and suddenly my Weekend Cooking post changed.

A quick download from the Apps store and initial glances it looks good. An application where you can photograph your recipes from cookbooks, magazines, newspapers. Upload them to the application and then share amongst friends using Facebook and Twitter.

I had a quick play and photographed a few recipes from my recipe notebook.


Developed by The Appstillery, a company based in Scotland. The application is free and can be used on both  iphone and ipad.It also seems to be available for Android smart phones.  HERE is the website to the Recipics.

Weekend Cooking is a weekly event and hosted by Beth Fish Reads

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I have a droid so glad it's available for us too. This sounds like a great app.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't technology amazing? I love finding these new things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. photograph them...wow. I must check this out an get rid of those torn out pages that just get lost!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shoot! I don't have an iphone, ipad or smart phone!
    Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool! You'll have lots of fun with it, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks pretty cool. No need to save all those little clipped out recipes any more.

    Rose City Reader

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun little app. I may have to play with that one.

    http://www.joyweesemoll.com/2011/08/21/weekend-cooking-book-club-announcement/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just a quick update. I looked this morning (27th August 2011) at the Apple app store and see the application has now got a price tag of 69p!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...