Wednesday 9 November 2011

Book Meme - Day 06 - A book that makes you sad

I could have chosen any one of a number of books that I read over the last few years of the Second World War and the harshness that war brings - the Holocaust and the harsh Eastern European Regimes.

The concept of this book was that there should have been five parts to the book, instead there are only two.

The author was a Ukrainian born Jew and did not survive the Second World War. For me, that was an incredibly powerful set of statements, as indeed was the book. To have lived in a Country occupied by another is incomprehensible, and very thought provoking.


Click to view large image of cover in new window...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...