Friday 24 February 2012

Postcard Friendship Friday - Burchell's Zebra

Some recent genealogical research revealed a connection, albeit, a distant one, to the man that these Zebra are named after; William John Burchell (1781-1863). So far, the life of William appears absolutely fascinating and I think this will continue to be the case. The path research takes us along is sometimes mind boggling!


This particular card dates from circa 1950.

Submitted as part of Postcard Friendship Friday hosted by The Best Hearts are Crunchy 


4 comments:

  1. I didn't know there were different names for Zebras. Interesting.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love zebras. Is it black on white or white on black???!!!!!!!!! Happy PFF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I just learned something new. Amazing. (grin)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...